Sunday, November 23, 2008

Today is a real busy day for me.

Went to ikea in the afternoon for lunch with my sister then got myself a table lamp which cost only $9.90. Way cheaper than my budget, muhahahahhah.

Then went to orchard to get some disc.

After which went to bishan to get a 13x13 weiqi set so tat i can start promoting in my new camp, haha.

Was really shocked that some of my friends are preparing a petition to prevent a pro player from joining whampo cup. I personally dun find anything wrong with pro joining sg amateur competition. The top prize is not some huge amount of cash prize, is just vouchers and this pro who join is recommended by mr yang. I think that we should should be lucky that he is interested to join this amateur competition where the prize is not attractive at all. He should be the one worrying cause he is a pro and is not confirm that he will get first and if he dun get first it will be damm embarassing for him. There are ppl like xt, zx etc.. who will be stopping him. y cant we think that it will be a free teaching game or u might even win him? philip join whampo cup the year he came sg too. I dunno y they keep saying about the rules n restriction about the chinese weiqi association, is like trying very hard and too hard to get him out of this. This pro would surely know that if he violate the rules he will be in deep shit. If we wan sg overall weiqi standard to improve, we should encourage more "foreign talent" if not it will be the same old ppl winning com and there wont be much improvement for them either cause they dun have a higher goal or target to work towards.

No offence to those who oppose the pro from joining. All this is my personal opinion. There is no right or wrong, is just how we see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment