Friday, July 02, 2010

Last week was my sis DJ competition in jurong point. I was really glad that some of my aunt and uncle actually made posters, buy whistle and came all the way down to jurong point to support my sis. Is the first time we actually have this kind of gathering and it really feels good.

One of my aunt told me that this is her first time doing this kind of "chase star" thingy in her entire life, haha and in some point she was so embarrassed by all the shouting and blowing of whistle that she has to cover her face with the poster i made, muhhahahha.

So my sis has to compete in 3 different rounds of test with 9 other competitors. There will only be 1 winner and he will get $1000, a one year contract as DJ in 933 and become ambassador for ALICAFE (a coffee brand).

So in the first round, they were given a news article beforehand and they were asked to summaries them and present the news in a interesting way on stage. One by one they made they presentation and finally when is my sis turn, (she is number 10, the last contestant)i could feel my relatives all tense up. My sis din really perform well in the first round so we were quite worried for her.

In the second round, each contestant were given 2 words and they have to make a story out of it. My sis got 汗颜 and 蚀. I am like what the hell is 汗颜 and 蚀??? My sis got the 2 hardest word among the 10 contestant. In the end she managed to cook up a story and the judges were quite impress, haha.

In the third round,the contestant were pair up in pairs and they have to interview either "stars" acted out by current 933 DJ or actually singer (there were 2 of them that day). Actually the 10 contestants were given 5 names 1 week before the competition so that they have time to prepare what they want to interview with their partner. The 5 names were, xiao s (a famous taiwan host), bye 2 (a twin group from singapore), gong zi yi (singaprean singer), xie jia fa (933 dj) and yao yao (a actress famous in taiwan for big b***). So when my sis and her partner went to draw lots on stage, they got jay chou, a name which was not in the 5 names given earlier. Haha, i could see how panic my sis and her partner was and what make things worst was that they have to present first, meaning no time to prepare at all. But my sis did quite a good job interviewing him even though "jay chou" answer "yes", "hmm", "yar" everytime when a question is asked.

Then came down to the results part.The contestant were line up on stage and were asked to leave one by one in random order if they are not in top 3. I could see my relatives screaming and shouting at her name when it comes down to the top 3. My sis came in second. The winner is a guy from ntu and his chinese is really good so he deserves to win the title.

Yesterday my sis received a call from mediacorp askng her to be part time dj in 933 but first she has to pass the probation period. All the best to her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment