Sunday, April 28, 2013

Saw wen bin's post in nyp fb page and it makes me think back of my weiqi days in poly. Maybe I am getting old or maybe it is too long ago (almost 5 years ago), my memories of the weiqi days in poly are slowly fading away. Even so the 3 years are times that I really treasure. It was kind of sad that I was the only one in my batch though but I met many good friends and juniors. Come to think of it how come I am closer to people like xing wei and wen jun who are 2 and 3 years my junior and not as close to friends 1 year below me? I remember first meeting xw in the club room and it was only until recently he told me that he almost not want to continue because of me, hahaha. As for wj, he came to our first meeting after club crawl with his big bunny bag. There was this incident where he was playing with Alvin's sister and halfway through I showed him a way to capture some stones and he suddenly looked at me and said "wah how come you can read so far?" But at that time it was only basic reading of 3 to 4 steps ahead. I can never forget his expression. After these years, both of them improve more than I did and I should really reflect on this.

Went to SEA aquarium few weeks back with mum, aunt and granny. It was good but because I went to the Korean version before (almost the same), there was not much WHAO factor for me. But if it was my first time I would have enjoyed it more. I have to say that my mum and relatives are very unique people because normally people there admire the fishes and say things like "wah so beautiful" or "oh, so this is the bla bla fish" BUT when they see the shark they say "wah, this shark fin must be nice", when see fishes "the market use this kind of fish for fishball" or "this kind of fish taste good in sambal chilli", when see stingray "this stingray a bit too big, the meat wont be soft". Speechless...

After watching House of Cards I think politics is really dirty and is something not everyone can handle. Or rather if you are not smart enough to seize opportunity to make things go your way or you do not have the "up there" EQ, don't bother entering politics.

1 comment: