Sunday, January 04, 2009

Was looking through my blog links and i came across zhang xiang latest post on weiqi.

He wrote something like

"In the past I used to think that I could continue playing weiqi just because I like it, but now I'm starting to have doubts. Maybe this is part of growing up. I'm starting to think about what I could gain from weiqi and what I could do with it in the future, and couldn't think of anything. "

Yar, this is the question. What can you gain from weiqi in future?

In secondary school, you play it as a cca for your school, in jc/poly you again play it as a cca for your school thus there is "reason" for you to play weiqi.

But no matter how fun and exciting any game can get, you will eventually get tired and bored of it especially when you are in the working world and when there is no reason for you to play.

So i was wondering after my NS and after my korea study (i really hope so) which is like 4 years later and i suddenly pop up in swa, will there be anyone there whom i know is still playing weiqi? I dunno.

Looking at the past records of weiqi players, for males after ns they will disappear, some will still come back cause they are playing for uni and for female players, hmmmm.... we have to see how karen and minyi respond, hahaha.

So i guess we have work hard together to prevent current ppl from leaving. Well who's the we? Of course is those in youth connection as well as our youth player. I believe that if you have friends in swa and there is enough events to 'entertain' us there is no reason to leave this game. I personally think that friends weights move than event cause if you have no frend then wats the point of attending those event?

Seeing all these problem i think promoting this game to more ppl especially youth is very important. Firstly you will get to know more ppl , secondly when there is a certain amount of ppl playing this game in future, it will sort of spread to more ppl and we might even get sponor. There might even be pro system or a system where u will have good reasons to continue and even improve yourself in this game.

Of course saying all these are easy but to work them out is another story. So dun give up and help youth connection in promoting this game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment