Sunday, May 20, 2012



 Last week there was this festival in our uni, something that is organized once a year. I dont really know whats the point or objective of this festival but I guess is  to let students go crazy while the school can earn a bit here and there.


Same as the previous year my department has a booth at night for selling food and drinks. At the end of the day you can see people vomiting all over, drunk people who are dead being drag away forcefully (i finally understand the meaning of 被拖走), drank people behaving like they just strike a lottery (jumping here and there, behaving worst than my cousins) and many more. To me all these scenes are so much interesting than the festival, haha. The most shocking stuff I saw is how my prof behave when he got really drunk. Seriously that one particular image is still stuck in my mind, is just too.....


 Korean pancake. The pic is quite dark so it looks like shit here. Since is my last year I decided to help out in the kitchen and so my job was to cook korean pancake. This is actually one of my favourite dish in korean but is not easy to find. Anyway I stood for 6hours straight cooking more than 40 pancakes. Yes, I think I can even close my eyes when cooking it now. Even thought is freaking tiring I manage to learn many stuff and got closer to the freshmen, something that other foreigner are not willing to do.


Cooking area of another dish. Seriously I thought someone just vomited on the table. I cant imagine what will happen if the customer walks in and see this haha. And the worst part of cooking is during the end of the day because ingredients will start run out so we need to cut the cabbage, carrot etc to refill. But because everything was so rush there was no time and manpower to wash them before cooking it. Morale of the story, dont order food when is near closing hours.

I must say that being a korean freshmen is tough because they have to manage the cooking area and clearing up and by the time everything ends, is already 3 plus in the morning and they still have class the next day. Thats not all, they still have to practice some performance which is more hardcore than this cooking mama thing cause they are not allow to sleep and have to practice all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment