Monday, June 25, 2012

Went to an Asian restaurant in gangnam with chaelim and sooyoung because they have some free coupons and were craving for phd thai. Ana thanks to sooyoung who won 4 straight wins(1,000,000won) in the female vs senior knockout match, this meal was on her.




I think almost all koreans love this dish but I think the pad thai in thai express taste 5 times better than this. And the food here are so expensive!!

Tom Yum. Never ever let korean try this unless you are trying to kill him or you just hate him so much. All the koreans I know HATE this dish. I know hate is a strong word but yes, this is the perfect time to use such a word. This dish is rather disgusting to them haha, completely opposite from pad thai. Anyway it taste really good to me.

Green curry! A dish i will order when I go thai express. But i dunno why the meat and potato here are more than the curry....

Over the weekend I went to this go camp in ansan with my school friends. I was quite excited about it at first but when I reach ansan station i thought i was in south east asia because 80% of the people there look like thai or Cambodian. And standing 1 and a half hours on bus before reaching the camp site. On the way I think even the koreans were shocked because the place was very very countryside....

And I thought I was transported back to my grandparents kampong days... Is so different from yongin (the place i stay which I thought was quite bad already). I think if i die here it will take a few months before anyone smell my decay..

The camp is held in some english village and I happily thought we can only speak english in here, hahaha.

Even the direction signboards are in english!!!

Of course, no one gives a damm about speaking english here, haha. After playing 2 rounds of games we have some bbq party which lasted for about 1hour only because there were no lights in the competition area but some enthu koreans bring torch lights along so that they can continue drinking their favorite soju.

I am really amazed how korea can get so many aunty and ah ma to play go.  I dont see this in other countries. I tried to ask around but even my korean friends dunno why. Looks like I need to ask my professors.

Anyway after dinner we took a 30mins bus to get to the nearest k-box and we spend like 4 hours there. Is actually my first time going k box in korea, quite a cool experience. After that went back to our countryside dorm where we play this interesting game call "how many mosquito can you kill" and I manage to kill more than 10. Look at the beautiful blood stains on the wall..

Had my first mos burger meal in korea which turns out to be a huge disappointment.As you can see from the pic, the meat in this teriyaki chicken burger look so different and there is NO ICE MILK TEA!!! The only plus point is that is way cheaper than sg.

5 comments:

  1. So, was the Thai food in Korea better than that in Thailand?

    Is that the Baduk festival which you guys invited Youngsam? Haha

    Seriously first Kbox after such a long time in Korea? Youngsam said he took a video of you singing but I haven't watched it yet~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it taste almost similar cause i notice the chef are from thai, hahaha.

    Yup, he won all his game.

    Haha, kbox too loud for my ears le and korea got all this musical instrument in the kbox that make it worst. Omg.................. I hope he lose his phone in Europe....

    ReplyDelete
  3. chaelim is so handsome these days wahaha . enjoy your days n korea , visit many places ! I miss it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xing Wei8:35 PM

    Do Chaelim and Mikyung look alike!?!? Both handsome style...

    ReplyDelete