Wednesday, February 06, 2013

It has been more than a month since I last blogged. So many things happened and sad to say that I left Korea in a terrible state. I wasnt able to walk around yongin and take photos as planned and I couldnt say my last goodbye to the shop owners around my area. The last winter was a very terrible memory for me :(

Anyway continuing from my last entry, my secondary school friends came Korea to visit me at the end of december. We went Jeju and while all my Korean friends told me that Jeju is much warmer than mainland Korea, i realized it was a scam THEY ARE ALL LIARS!!!! The wind in Jeju is 他妈的强 (pardon me for my language here, I cant find any better word to describe it) and wind in cold weather is really lethal. If you have hair problem Jeju is definitely not the place for you because you may lose half or all your hair thanks to the wind and dont bother putting wax or hair spray, they are useless in Jeju. I will never ever go Jeju in winter again. When we returned to mainland Korea, the weather became mad.. it dropped till -17. When I thought I was already "winter proof" in Korea -17 was really crazy. Now I understand why Koreans say that they will just stay at home and not go out during winter.

My worst nightmare started when my friends left Korea, my room heater broke down!!! Now when I think back I wonder how I survived the night in that room...and finally I felt sick for the first time during my 2 years Korea stay, just few days before going to London. If is not for Chaelim's help I think I would have die in Korea. I am really grateful to chaelim and her mum for letting me stay at their place before leaving Korea. I was really touched and amazed by their parents because I was so sick and they really took care of me. Is something that not everyone can do to a stranger. I hope that if I am a parent in future, I can be as good as them.

London trip (to be continued..)

No comments:

Post a Comment