Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Just came back from a far far away city because I was there to watch the Samsung Cup!! At first i was still hesitating whether to go or not because it was far and I have to spend a night sleeping with blackie's dojang players but the whole event turn out better than I thought. Anyway blackie is the nickname for a 9p (金承俊)whom I am learning from.


The signboard at the main entrance of the competition venue. Since is a competition sponsor by Samsung it was held at one of their "chalet"


I really meant it when I say chalet because is for their company staff to have cohesion, meetings etc.. I really like this view.


Even the tress also "buay tong liao", cold until color change. Autumn is here!!


Banner for the samsung cup everywhere in the building.


I was really surprise to see 3 quarter of korean pros attending this event. They are not here to play GO but to play sports, games and everything else. I heard that this is a yearly event where they will take the chance to stay in the chalet to support the korean rep playing in the competition and to know each other better. Very good korean culture.


Because I have to stay there for a night, I was so worried about the accommodation especially after my school freshmen camp (a total nightmare and disaster for sleeping) . I am not a clean freak but when it comes to bed for sleeping, it better be good. And the room turns out to be chalet style which is good news!


The bed is not perfect but at least no need to sleep beside drunk dude who makes vomiting sound every min.


I was shocked to see this when I enter the room after watching some outdoor sports. The guy on the left is Cho Hanseung 9p (趙漢乘), the first pro player to stop NS halfway because of asian games gold medal. What really shock me is that for his age his belly is so obvious. Party too much after the gold medal, hahahaha


Because this particular day is a public holiday so no buffet :( Instead they got everyone bento and I think this is the most expensive bento set for this brand because they have this bento branch beside my school. Samsung is rich...haha


I was really impressed by this. This is actually the dustbin!! It is so neat and organize. If we have this bento "party" in swa, it will end up having mountain of boxes everywhere and people will start to pay uno stacko even if the dustbin is full. And sometimes u will hear "ohhhhh" and it means the mountain collapse....


GO players are indeed gambling addict! And these pros use GO stones as chips!! They lose hundred plus dollar every night....Scary..


The discussion room of the competition for pros that attend the chalet


It is quite crowded. I like the TV (on the right) showing the live telecast cause it really have Hikaru no Go feel.

During the discussion, everyone think that Lee Changho is leading and will win Gu Li for sure but in the end LCH lost by 0.5.

I think this is a very big blow for someone who is leading so much and made such a mistake during endgame. The reason why I say so is because after dinner we saw LCH and his wife (standing far away from him) in the dark field running like mad and started to kick the soccer ball around. (imaging is gu li's head i guess). Despite being one of the strongest player in the world, is still hard to accept when face with defeat.

Anyway I really wanna thank LCH for helping me even though he was in a terrible mood...


Even my teacher and another pro advise me not to approach him to do this because first he just lost his game and secondly he doesnt like to take pic. But... he agree!! muhahhahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment