Sunday, March 04, 2012


Went to BC card cup top 64 yesterday to be a kifu recorder. I was actually worried that I have to press the clock for them and record the game at the same time because some players play super fast and I will have to memorize the steps and record them when one of them start thinking. 

Top 64 is held in a hotel and when I reach there I was told that I can choose the game I want to record. No need to press the clock but I have to record the game using both laptop and hand written. There were famous player like lee chang ho and gu li but I chose Iyama Yuta's game instead because I have yet to see him in person and he is Japan's hope. Another lame reason is that it is getting harder to see Japan pro in international game nowadays.
Thanks to the tygem reporter who took this picture, haha.

Iyama's opponent is a 6p from Korea and our game started last because the korean pro was late. It is always nice to see Japan pro play because the way they hold and put the stones is really elegant. I think is due to the kind of competition timing in their respective country because Iyama was using a lot of his time and the Korean play his every move in an average of 1min. At some point of time I even saw the korean player closing his eyes to "rest", haha. When the game end, the korean was still in his main time and Iyama was in his last byo-mi counting. If you saw the game, Iyama played some moves in places you will never think of and the korean couldnt hide his surprise facial expression. Is kind of sad because if you are in the competition area , you will notice how the korean win Iyama so effortlessly. 

Nevertheless I am still a big fan of Iyama, he was so kind and humble when I went to ask for his signature. But it was a different story for Gu Li, totally opposite.. disappointed..


Pork for dinner. I have always wanted to eat this again in Gangnam after a korean friend brought me here but the requirement is that there must be at least 2 person and is difficult to find people to travel all the way to seoul to eat. Finally I manage to eat this after the BC card cup with a new student from our department.

2 comments:

  1. Never get Iyama to hold the mug and take picture? haha~~

    Anyway finally your blog got rss feed~~ Now I can stalk you~~ muahaha

    PS I immediately offed the music here after I heard 1 second of it... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I did!! How can I miss the chance. He will most probably be the last pro holding the cup.

    Hahaha, this song was number 1 in korea chart for many weeks!!

    ReplyDelete