Monday, August 13, 2012

Just came back from my "korea tour" and I really enjoy this trip despite sleeping only 3 to 4 hours everyday. Experience many new "culture" and eating korean version of ice-kachang every few hours thanks to the crazy hot weather.

Is my first time taking a korea train (not subway) and i had a culture shock. When I reach the station I was like preparing to show my ticket to a train staff or someone like that but I realize there isnt such a person even when I reach the train platform and on the train. After asking my korean friends I found out that the train company got this "i trust you" policy whereby no one will check your ticket when you board the train. However there will be random check during the ride and if you are caught with no ticket, you will need to pay 30 times the original fare. Wah, if I live in Korea and my destination is just 4 or 5 stops away I will just hide in the toilet, cant imagine the amount of train fare I can save!! hahaha

The train have this nice cafe and this is where I stay for my 3hours ride. Yes because I have no seat!! This is another shock for me. Because we bought this unlimited ride for a certain number of days and we are given no seat numbers so we have to like "find" our own seats. I didnt know about this so I happily occupy some empty seats until I was like being chased away 3 or 4 times then I came to the cafe and seat in front of the computer.



My accommodation for the first day is considered the second best throughout the trip even though the size is smaller than a chalet size. Each person has to pay around 30,000won per night.


The worst accommodation was the second night, I wanted to get out of the place so much that I forgot to take picture of it. The accommodation was a motel and I was thinking how bad could it be but when I was told that we just have to pay 3,000won per night, I started to have this weird feeling. And INDEED.... can you imagine when you push open your room door, there are already 4 strangers inside and you are going to spend a night with them in a small tiny room!! Is was the worst experience in this trip.




Forgotten the name of this place and I think this is the best part of the trip because the view is too crazy. I never know that Korea has such a place.

Went to busan and visit the famous Haeundae Beach. I got to know this beach from a korean movie call Haeundae where a tsunami strikes the beach. Anyway the weather in bushan is way hotter than Singapore so  I stayed under one of the rented umbrellas while sooyoung n moonkyo went to play in the sea. When they came back they look so pale and they told me that they almost drown cause the wave was too strong and they have to be rescued by lifeguard. Wah, scary...

Is my first time to korean style spa/jimjibang and I got a shock. I already know that korean spa is very "open" as in everyone has to be naked. When i went into the spa area, I see naked old man lying on the tanning chair sleeping, naked people eating ice cream, naked people eating snacks, naked people in strange position on the ground... arent they suppose to be all in the spa enjoying the hot steamy water? It took me a while to get used to this open world. My friend then ask me why sg dont have this kind of spa. I think not in my lifetime ba.. now even tekong toilet got door, dont think singaporeans can get use to this parade style spa.

It was until I saw the pictures in the shop then I realize I will be eating pufferfish for that lunch. It doesnt taste good to me but it taste like some dragon meat to my korean friends, they love it. Anyway when I was eating I saw a familiar face at the table in front of ours and I realized he is the guy who acted as the brother of the main actress in BIG. And his girlfriend is quite pretty!

4 comments:

  1. sleeping in the same room with 3 or 4 strangers?? seriously??

    haha so you all got into the spa naked also?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, is a very horrible experience... Is the koreans' first time experience too.

    Of course, you think foreigner special ah ? hahaha and if you are thinking guys and girls together, is not haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xing Wei10:40 PM

    ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ic... so you must have gotten really close to Moon-kyo through this trip... lol

    ReplyDelete