Wednesday, August 22, 2012

After listening 933 on how my sis is enjoying her tai tai life, I decided to go to a cafe to chill and order my favourite drink and cake which I dont remember when is the last time I did this. Atmosphere of a cafe is really important, unlike starbucks or coffeebean, local korean cafe offers cheaper and quieter environment. I am surprised that some korean cafes started implementing the 3hours rule which means that if you wanna stay longer than 3hours, u will need to pay more. If I have a cafe in SG, I will sure implement this rule.

After 1 and a half years in Korea I am very used to people thinking I am Korean, in fact if they speak to me in english when I am doing my payment I will start to wonder what what gave me away, isit my accent, my pronunciation, my choice of words , my appearance(not likely since it fool almost everyone) or how I hold my money? hahaha.

I used to go to this CD shop to buy my ost and whenever I make my payment he will type the cost on the calculator and shove it to me. But I didnt speak a single word at all how on earth did he know I am a foreigner? I am really curious and got this urge to ask him. Anyway 1 reason could be that Koreans dont buy CD from those kind of shop or I have just too many pimples on my face which could never happen on a Korean.

Met up with Cindy's bf yesterday and somehow I found myself struggling to come out with chinese words when I talk to him. It took me like 10secs to remember the chinese word for pillow, omg... The only time I speak chinese these days is when I call my mum once a week and those arent consider conversation.

Example:
mum: how are you?
me: not bad, everything the same
mum: u got learn korean or not?
me: a little
mum: eat more, u r like monkey le
me: ok......
mum: is it cold there? (she ask me this question all the time even when is 37 degrees in Korea haha)
me: no.....
mum: u got make korean friends or not?
me: yes, of course
mum: u got korean gf or not?
me: no...................
mum: ok, i gtg, wanna talk to dad?
me: NO!!! (only my sis will understand why, haha)

Yes my mum speaks 3 times more than me. I find it so scary that sometimes I am not able to complete a chinese sentence fluently and with my "powerful" british english level and kindergarten korean level, I feel really gifted in language. 

5 comments:

  1. Pimples!! Lol, your skin didn't improve as smoothly as your Korean? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. haiz, yea. I have yet to discover their secret!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss cafes in korea .. you ordered two cakes good for you ! always call shuan cindys bf and not shaun .. -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bread on the right is service haha.

      Delete
  4. " service " haha miss this word . i replied to your comments at my blog !

    ReplyDelete