Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Watched this movie about a girl entering marine despite all the discrimination against female in crazydrama yesterday and I am so impressive by korean army (even though is just a show). Their army system is quite different from Singapore's and I like the way they salute to each other and shouting out 충성 or 필승, I think is so cool, haha. In sg army, everyone will just heck care and try to avoid eye contact if they pass by officer, haha.

In game theory class today, we learnt the difference between chinese chess and korean chinese chess. While they look 98% similar, the movement of some pieces are completely different. First there are no river in korea c chess so our clumsy elephant friend can go where ever they want. The way elephant move is different too, instead of the 田 move, they have to move one space forward before playing the 田 move. 炮 cannot capture 炮. And the strangest rule is that if you want you can switch the position of 象 and 马!! oh and the 将 starting position is in the middle of the palace (on the second line)

What interested me more is Shogi!!! The rule is quite amazing because the pieces you capture can be reused as your own piece and you can drop them anywhere on the board (with some restriction) anytime you like. But it took me a while to memorize all the movements of the pieces as they are more complicated than chess. I really like the shogi pieces cause the wording is so nice, got this very art feel haha. I must get a set for collection!!


2 comments:

  1. Shogi is nice right~ I'm planning to get one also, haha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried to play online and OMG... I keep forgetting their respective moves and i always end up playing illegal moves hahaha.

    ReplyDelete