Sunday, November 18, 2012


Alvin has been telling me to watch the Korea movie "old boys" for sometimes and halfway through I gave up because the content is a bit dark and extreme. Then after reading zx's blog about this show, I decided to endure throughout but still I dont understand why they think is a good movie haha. I understand the twist at the ending is unexpected but I am just too turn off by the middle part.

Few days back I was in Seoul and I was walking behind 2 old women with a dog. We passed by a crowded place and one of the old women was left in the crowd and the women with the dog carry on walking. Then after a while, the dog refuse to move and when the old women look down at the dog asking why, the dog turn its head and face the crowd telling her that her friend is not with them. When I saw this moment I was really surprise. I know dogs are smart but I didnt know that they are so this smart haha.

Yesterday was homecoming day and this is when alumni of our department come back for meet up and friendly GO match. The number of seniors who came back was fewer than I expected but overall the event was quite good. There were 2 groups of competition, one was the open group where most players were ex insei, 8/9d in tygem. Is a group format of 5 and is by the school year. In the end 09 got champion. The other was the EVENT group which is a random pick of groups of 5 and it consist of 3 different rounds GO. The first round is call plus/minus GO. There are a few plus and minus sign on the board and if you play on the minus point (usually good position on the board) you have to throw dices and the amount will be deducted from your overall territory and plus sign are usually at the first line or bad position on the board. Second round is call ~~ (dont remember haha) where is normal GO game but you cant form positions where 4 stones are connected together like 4 in a row, the L shape, the Z shape and the square shape. My opponent for this round resign because a net move cause his large group to be trap and when we were about to review, he suddenly scream cause I wasnt able to block if he try to escape from the net. I was like omg... i din see that too hahaha. The last round was GO, korean chess and i chess group match.

We should have all these interesting and not so serious games for youth connection to bring the different schools together. And after looking at fb pics of swa events I realized that if I am a newbie in GO and I want to know more about these events, there are no ways for me to know because these events are not publish on the website. In future we will need to publish simple writing for every event and competition like those in TOM so that members know what is going on.

2 comments:

  1. The 2nd one should be called Tetris Go~

    Yeah we should have more coverage on events~ The number of people joining competitions getting lesser and lesser~ SWA doesn't even have a photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA!!! Tetris GO!

    Yea, when I look at whampo cup I feel a bit depressing...

    ReplyDelete