Tuesday, May 03, 2011


There was a sch carnival yesterday and our department got a stall to sell drinks and food.


Preparing food before the start of the carnival. I was a bit scared when I saw how they prepare the food. When you want to taste the soup you will take a new spoon and try right? But they drink from the ladle and put it back into the soup. And when you chop carrots into small pieces, you use your hand to remove those that stick onto your knife right? But they bring the knife to their mouth and lick the carrot off (to eat it). Well I am still alive and I have not call the ambulance, glad that my stomach enjoys korean culture.


Freshmen "forced" to help out in serving dish and taking orders. Is sad cause most of them will have no time to eat dinner and they need to help to pack up everything till 4am.


Our stall.


Menu. I have to say that the stuff we sell is super expensive.


While waiting for the carnival to start, I went to the dormitory canteen to have dinner with some korean friends. Is my first time there and the place is better than I thought.


Maybe because I was quite hungry at that time so this meal taste quite good to me.


Dormitory's convenience store. I think the dorm environment is quite good except for the curfew. The dormitory will be lock after 12am.


Do they have this flavor in Singapore?


Too many tress so cant take a nice pictures of the stalls. Is hard to find this kind of festival in Singapore because you have to apply so many permit and by the time is approve I think you wont have the mood to carry on.


Sometimes I wish singaporeans can be like koreans when it come to eating and drinking. Is very simple and there is lots of fun.


I should have wear more because is very cold at night thanks to the wind.


FOOD!!!! it taste not bad, not super delicious though.


This picture is not trying to say that female has to do all the pouring. But you are not suppose to pour beer or soju into your own cup. Someone has to help you pour. Korean culture.


Good business for our department. They even brought down a GO set, of course no one was in the mood to play. I am surprise that the image of GO is really good in korea. As in if you say u play GO in Singapore, people will think you are nerd but in korea the first thing that come to their mind is "wah u r so smart"

And guess what? Tmr is public holiday and it means no school!!!! And what public holiday is it??

CHILDREN'S DAY...

No comments:

Post a Comment