Friday, August 12, 2011


Day 5

Day 5 is suppose to be a very exciting day because I wanted to give yls a surprise at his work place.


A very special rule in Hong Kong cafe. If there are 2 of u during peak hours, u cannot seat facing eat other to eat, u have to seat beside each other. So it means that u will be facing a stranger. I think this is a good strategy to prevent people to eat slowly and talk cock during busy hours.


The breakfast pineapple bun is famous in this shop.


Taste like normal tea to me.


Pineapple Bun. Look different from the picture but it taste good especially with the butter in the middle.


Roti Prata!!! Gosh, super nice!


This is where YLS work. Before going to Hongkong, I asked my sis to call this place and check when yls will be in office teaching and we told the staff not to tell him because we want to give him a surprise.


So while waiting for YLS to finish teaching, I went around to take pictures. This is the reception area and I heard that they have a lot of admin stuff. Swa should hire 1 to 2 more because we are really bad in this area and it will affect the whole operation of swa.


The teaching staff in this school. Almost all the staff are amateur and I am surprise to see that they are low dans. Swa uses a different strategy in this area but I am not sure if is right. Imagine a 6p teaching beginner, how would u feel if u r the 6p.


I really like this! Is just above the reception area and is for some lighting purpose.


A public playing area which even my sis think is nice.


An mini pantry that sells drink


Computer area just like the bishan one. No internet but fill with go programs to children to play.


Their monthly magazine.


GO equipment which they are selling.


I think swa should have something like this. The one we have is too small to put board. Of course, the design needs to be good.


They also have a chart for promotion. Green are kyu players and yellow are dan players.


If u r from swa and u r reading this, yls wants u to help organize this. HK vs SG. Please tell exco, thank you.


I cant miss the chance to ask yls to advertise for my shop. When he saw me after his class I think he was really shocked. If he was older I think he would have an heart attack. We talk a lot about this sch and how swa can improve. Is really good to see him.


My sis really loves this dish.


This chicken rice looks pretty but it taste like shit. Seriously this is the worst meal I have eaten in Hong Kong and it cost me 7sgd...


After lunch I went to airport and waited for a few hours for my flight. HK airport even have disney shop! Most of the things here can be found in disneyland but they dont sell the better ones.


My dinner on plane. When I heard the air stewardess telling the person in front of me that the dinner is either ma po tofu or bi bim bap (AGAIN) I feel like running to her and ask for the ma po tofu in case the same thing (only bi bim bap left) happen again. But i think most of the people on the flight were sleeping so I got my food choice.


My flight was delayed for an hour because of bad weather in Korea. I was thinking how bad can the weather be and it turn out to be quite bad...the fog was really thick in korea.

Conclusion for this trip:

I still remember very clearly that a lot of my foreigner friends told me that Singapore is such a clean and green city. I will usually smile and say thank you but deep down I wonder why do they say that because I dont think is that clean.

But after this Hong Kong trip, I really get what they mean. It took me 4 days to get use to the Hongkong environment. Maybe I am too pampered, I cant stand how dirty most of the building looks and there are just too many people. I thought Singapore was bad in the crowdy environment but HK is the winner.

After reaching Korea, I feel happy. Is like reaching Singapore when coming back from overseas. And when I was walking to school today, I realize that I live in a very peaceful and quiet town and I am really glad. I will treasure every moment in Korea now.

Lastly I am really happy to be able to travel with my sis because in future when both of us starts working, we wont have time to enjoy this kind of fun and crazy stuff together. I just hope that our relationship will be as good even when we have our own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment