Friday, April 13, 2012

 Called for lunch delivery last week because canteen as usual was full of hungry people. Wanted to order the pork with rice I used to eat but I seem to have ordered the wrong thing because I was given more of the pork portion and of course more expensive.

Seriously either the government is providing free supply of oil to this restaurant or they are trying to kill their customers by making them get cancer (which make no sense cause we are their god of fortune). Thats why they always say home cooked food is the best. 


This is another stunning dish we ordered during MT meeting. Is called Pizza-Kimchi-Sweet and Sour Pork. I should feel lucky that I am still alive after eating them, haha. The appearance and name of this dish is just so wrong. But the taste is better than I thought, imagine pushing sweet n sour pork, kimchi and pizza, all 3 items into your mouth, delicious right?

One of the most difficult and challenging question I faced in Korea is- What is the difference between China Chinese and Singapore Chinese. Today I was having a conversation with a nurse and we talk about where I was from, being a chinese in Singapore bla bla then she asked.."when you graduate are you going back china?" I am really curious what my facial expression was when she pose that question. I realize many korean or most korean dont really know about Singapore (of course, how can anyone know when it cant even be seen on the world map) and they think that because we can speak chinese and we look like chinese we must have come from China. Is so hard to explain all these especially in Korean.

An advice for anyone who wants to come korea to study, start practicing on americian english pronunciation now. For example the word RED is pronounce as "rat" without the T ending. People are starting to tell me that my pronunciation is not good and now I have to speak slowly and act like one ang moh in front of them haha. If i go back SG, pls forgive me if I sound like an americian hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment