Friday, March 18, 2011

Bridge class today was terrible. If there is one game harder than GO, it will be contract bridge, to make things worst, I dunno what the crap the teacher is talking about. Heard that the teacher is a world class player and will be going to Malaysia for a tournament soon.

I am really grateful to the president of the bridge club in our department who stayed behind and try very hard to teach me in english. I cant believe there is joseki (that is the term he use) in contract bridge... formula will be a better word. GOSH!!! so many things to memorise!!! I totally miss floating bridge.

Maybe because I am a foreigner, some of the koreans are afraid to speak english to me and when they see me I got this feeling that they just seen a tiger escape from zoo. Good thing is they become very friendly when I start the conversation. I have a few problem though when communicating with them, some of them like to use the word "ok". They dont say it once but 2 to 3 times in a fast way like "okok", "okokok". The thing is when I ask " are you going home now?" he will reply "okok", "how old are you?", he reply "okokok". so i have to do some translation by myself, ok will be either yes or wait a moment.

Chaelim, the best english speaking student in our department will be going states for exchange next sem, looks like I have to start working on my Korean.

I cant seems to communicate with LH. I will need to discuss this topic with Cindy.

Weekend tmr!!! Have to start thinking what to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment