Thursday, March 03, 2011

When I went to Myong-dong, I was stunned by the number of cosmetic shops there. IS EVERYWHERE!!!!!! Is like out of 4 shops, 1 of it will be them.





I bought my facial product here cause is cheap and good. Before coming to Korea, I tell myself that I will never need this kind of crap on my face. BUT... few days later in Korea I know i need to get one cause after one day of outdoor activity, your face will start to crack and you will look like you just have a failed plastic surgery. The weather here is super dry. Come to think of it, how come the dogs dont have this problem.

Before coming to Korea, Mikyung told me that a lot of things in Korea is cheaper than Singapore and I remember she mention BodyShop is one of them. When I saw the price here I feel like dragging her here and see the price tag.. is more expensive!!!! Can someone in Singapore please tell her what happen to Pinocchio? hahaha...

I think the weather here is getting better (everyone has been telling me that but i feel no difference, i think is a cover up to make me feel better)temperature is ok but the main problem is this thing call WIND. When there is wind is like 50 air-con blowing into your face and the wind here is super duper strong... Is so strong that when you reach home end of the day and you look into the mirror, you will find yourself having a new hairstyle, i am not joking. No wonder so many guys wear cap here.

Today I had my first lesson in uni. As expected I dont know what the hell the lecturers are babbling about, well I guess it takes time. Whenever a Korean ask me where am I from and I say Singapore, their immediate reaction is like ahhhh.....Cindy....... Yes, Cindy has successfully become the mascot of Singapore, haha.

I find that some guys in our department dress so well, wearing suit to class! I have this urge to buy them! just kidding....There are more girls in our department than I thought and some of them look like they just rush over from some chinese opera performance. Yes, I am referring to their make-up.

Places I have been to by myself so far....

1) Lotte cinema (just 4 bus stops from my place)

2) Gigantic E-mart/SHINSEGAE (something like taka, 40 mins bus ride)

3) Myong-Dong (this is a must go place for all tourist! is better than orchard road i think. 45min to 1hour bus trip)

3) Kang-Nam (shopping area and they have this huge bookstore where they sell tons of baduk books. 45 to 1hour bus trip))

4) Coex Mall (not sure if is the right spelling, this mall is no joke. Is super ultra huge... much much bigger than vivo or ION, I almost got lost in the mall. They also have the largest cinema in Korea. Take a bus to Kang-Nam then take a train for 3 stops)

5) Korea Baduk Association (the furthest place I have travelled so far. Took a bus to Kang-Nam then take a 45mins train ride then take a cab. I cant imagine how i managed to carry my weiqi board back, yes i deserve some applauds. )

Tmr is friday means I can get the drama SIGN from cindy!!! I think is the best korea drama I have watch so far but so sad cause less than 20 edps. Tmr I only have 3 hours of Bridge lessons....Cindy and I will be having this class together so lets see if we can promote TAI DI (big 2) to the koreans.... HUAT AR!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment