Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy 25th Birthday!! It took me a few seconds to remember my actual age because I have been so used to the korean age system for the past 1 and a half years and sometimes i actually forget my real age, haha.

Having 25 years of experience on earth, I have learnt many things, met good and bad people, been to countries that my parents have not been before, tasted food that others may not have. If you ask whether I am a happy person now, I would say yes. But if I were to answer this question 2 or 3 years back, I would most probably say no. Is always never enough for people, we just want more but I have learnt that we should slow down our pace and look around us, appreciate and treasure what you have now because they wont be there forever. And stop complaining about everything because there are people who are in a worst situation compared to you.

25 years old will be my last year studying in school. I know very well that I am not a study person and I am really grateful that I managed to pass all my major exams especially my poly exams. I see myself as more of a creative, think out of the box, not following the norm person and because of this people may see me as being unrealistic. To me the word unrealistic means a different mindset or perspective. 10 years ago, if someone were to say that he will come out with touch screen phone and it will be smaller and thinner than any other phone (at that time) , people will say that he is siao and being unrealistic. But because of this unrealistic idea, it brought us changes.

5 years from now and I will be 30. Where will this unrealistic brain of mine brings me to?

I was on the bus one day and I suddenly realize that I am a descendant of people who survived the WW2, the WW1, the china revolution, the Qing, Ming, Yuan dynasty (too many to list), the 3 kingdom period etc. Is impressive how my ancestor managed to survive all those terrible wars and fighting. Even though I was born in Singapore, my grandfather was from China so if I have a chance, I would like to go to his hometown and know more about my "blood line".

5 years ago on my birthday, I received a call in bugis clubhouse telling me that one of my taekwaondo friend pass away in an car accident. He was my first friend I know to have pass away. Looking at his memorial youtube video brings back so much memories of taekwondo life and reminds how cheerful and kind a person he is.

Ah Wee, I hope you are in a better place now. Rest in peace.

4 comments:

  1. birthday don think so much :) happy birthday and see u soon in Singapore!

    chongqing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAH! Is so surprise to see your comment here.

      Thank you!

      Cya soon in Singapore.

      Delete
  2. I knew the last 2 paragraph will definitely come...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dun pretend you can read my mind leh. hahaha

      Delete