Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In the game theory class today, prof nam intro the game Checkers to us. When I was in Singapore, I remembered seeing people playing this game especially in front of malay barber shop or sometimes in coffee shop. Even though I have seen quite a few times, I wasnt curious about the rules at all because it looks too "simple".

The game turned out more interesting than i thought and I was really having fun playing it. It reminds me of the time when I first started GO. Sad to say that if is not for today's game, I would have forgotten that I once having this kind of "feelings" for GO. I guess the reason why I was really enjoying playing Checkers is because there was "freedom", I could play anywhere I want. In GO, of course I can play anywhere I want but when you have reach a certain level (eg.1dan), you will get to know more knowledge about the game and this will restrict you from playing as freely as a beginner. And the fear of losing to someone weaker than you adds stress to every game you play. Still I hope I can find back the motivation and passion to improve more.

I was surprised when prof nam told us that the most popular game in korea now (korean version of bejeweled) was created by a student from myongji!

Few days back, I decided not to renew the website of GOSHOP when the web host have expired. It was quite a sad moment for me cause my sis put in quite an effort when making the site and I didnt managed to take one last good look before it was terminated by the web host. I learnt a lot through this experience, be it business area or when dealing with baduk player. I did not regret making this decision of setting up GO SHOP. To be honest, I was a bit sad and disappointed when some of my closer friends in swa did not buy any stuff from the shop. Is not about the money I want to earn from them, if is for money I would not have started this. Is about the kind of support friends give to a seller and even if they get the cheapest stuff, it would be very much appreciated. To a seller, this kind of support means a lot. Last year before going back singapore for vacation, I remember asking munyi on fb what I can get for her in Korea and she replied "dont really need anything but I wan to get your tumbler". When I saw her reply I was really touched and I know I will never forget this. Another incident which upset me was the removal of the shop link from swa site. I did not pay a single cent to swa for putting up the link and is perfectly reasonable if they want to remove it but I was upset that no one tells me they are going to remove it when everyone in the exco knows me. I understand they replaced it with the tygem link but when I look at the next link, "world go oza 2008", a link which expired 4 years ago and is still hanging there makes me feel hormones unbalance. 

Of course I am no longer upset since all these had long pass. 

4 comments:

  1. Xing Wei10:13 PM

    I don't remember buying anything from your shop :(. Sorry.

    And I didn't know the link was removed. I understand how you feel about that T.T

    ReplyDelete
  2. is ok, I will pass you my bank account number later. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Xing Wei Its okay, you can provide other form of support to Han Siong when he's back ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought your tumbler ah!!

    ReplyDelete