Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Went to 광주 for KPMC and work as the kifu recorder there. We were planning to stay there for only 2 nights but because there were no more bus seats, we have to go back to the hotel for 1 more day. At first I was worried about this part time job because most of my friends decided last min not to go due to some salary unhappiness and only 1 korean I know from my school is going. Even though the rest of the part timer were from my school, I have never seen them before because they were either in NS or taking school breaks.

Have been sleeping for only 2 hours every night for the past 3 days but these 3 days were really memorable. I got to know new korean friends and even though is just 3 days, it felt like I have known them for so long. The experience this time was totally different from last year mainly because of my slight improvement in korean language. One of my biggest regret is not having to work hard enough to study more korean before I attend myongji, so I have decided to continue studying korean even when I graduate so that I can keep in contact with the friends I made in korea. These 3 days were definitely one of the best memories I have in my Korea stay.

Ok, now to the "bad memory" of this trip. We were playing cards on the last night and because there were no GO stones, we have to use snacks as chips and halfway through a drunk senior suddenly came into our room. The next 2 hours were the most torturing 2 hours in the whole trip. First, he started eating our chips and we couldnt do anything about it because his "rank" (age) is is 2 or 3 years higher than me and the rest of my korean friends were 2 to 4 years younger than me. Then he started giving "lectures" to everyone and because he was drunk he keep repeating the stuff he said, like he asked me which year I am currently now at least 3 times. The worst part is the 1 shot drink. There were no beer at that time so we used water instead and I felt like I was back in my army tekong days where we were forced to bottles up every few hours. This drunk senior keep offering us cups after cups of water and is impossible to reject him. After the 3rd cup, I felt like vomiting on him.

Personally I think that this is the "dark side" of korean culture. As age is authority, people younger cant do much but to obey almost everything the senior say. If this drunk senior incident happen in Singapore I think we will most probably force him to vomit out our chips and then kick him out of the room, hahaha.

4 comments:

  1. Xing Wei12:37 PM

    I agree

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys actually played cards everyday?? Bo jio!!!

    And the background makes it a bit hard to read... Maybe you wanna change it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you were playing GO so dont wanna disturb you.

      Really meh? haha

      Delete
    2. Ok nvm, maybe that time my screen haven't completely load finish, now it's ok now.

      I was so bored at night man! lol

      Delete