Tuesday, October 09, 2012


I was watching the US presidential debate last week and it turns out more interesting than I thought. Is impressive how they sound so convincing about their future plans when no one knows if they will really work, haha. Watching this kind of debate teaches you how to bullshit your way through and how to avoid answering directly to a specific question. Cant wait to watch the vice presidential debate in 2 days time!

In the party yesterday, a korean asked me if the word shut up is a rude word and my 25 years of human experience tells him it is. Tony a Canadian who was beside us immediately said that shut up is not a rude word and is used very commonly in his country. I have no idea if he is trying to attract attention or try to prove that he is a english native speaker. And I asked him "really? how is shut up not a rude word?" And this is his reply

"in school teachers scream shut up to noisy students" and he carry on insisting his logic.

which teacher on planet earth wont shout shut up to crazy kids unless that teacher is a monk. I really hate this kind of argument and if is not wanting the korean to learn the wrong thing, I wont bother continuing the conversation with him.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha so fierce. I mean you LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xing Wei4:31 PM

    Shut up is a rude word.

    ReplyDelete