Thursday, October 11, 2012



Today is a really crazy day for me because I dragged a total of 35kg of stuff up my bukit timah hill university 2 times!! With the cold weather and everyone wearing long sleeves I think I am the only one sweating like a dog in my school. Anyway the reason for all these torture is because I am starting to send my stuff back to Singapore before the boxes in my school post office runs out. But when on earth did I buy this much amount of books? Before I came to Korea, my mum was telling me that her biggest nightmare is me buying too many GO books in Korea, man.. she is indeed my mum, knows me really well. But I think more than half of it are gifts from friends.

When I reach the post office, I was sweating so much that the staff pass me a box of tissue and ask if I want the air con temperature to be lowered haha. And after squeezing all my stuff into a box, the weighing scale gave a loud ring and went haywire The staff then told me that overseas package only allow a maximum of 30kg and my was way beyond 30kg. This means that I have to repack my books into 2 boxes and it will be more expensive!! I think my mum is going to scream when she receives them next week.


While I was packing my stuff, I saw the gifts my sis and friends gave me when they sent me off at the airport. This one was done by my sis and I remembered that I cried when I read it on the plane. It was really touching and it shows that my sis really grew up, not the crazy mad women I knew with the objective of destroying my room anymore. These 2 years she did much better than I thought and even got such a great job, I am really proud of her.


A 2011 handmade calender made by my secondary school friend huishan. I was really surprised by this because she did this despite her busy schedule and I think people at my age wont really bother doing handmade stuff anymore. She even wrote "future note" for every month where I should open up those notes and read them when I reach a different month.


How can I not mention the gift I receive my buddy wenjun. When I open up the first page and I saw 2 of his swa name card, I thought it was just 2 name cards so I didnt really flip through and put it back to my bag. One year later in Korea, I decided to re-read all these gifts and when I came upon wen jun's gift again, I "accidentally " flip through and I saw...


HIS HIDDEN MESSAGES!! Hahahaha I remembered I stunned for like 10 seconds when I saw that there were writings behind the name cards. Thanks friend for the surprise hahaha.


I got this from my poly buddies. When I saw the box packaging, I knew immediately that it is a container for GO stones from kino bookstore and I was expecting it to be the cheap plastic kind. When I open the box on the plane and saw the inner wood grain on the cover, my mouth was literally wide open. Because I have seen this exact same one few years back and it cost 220SGD! I really wanna thank them for being so supportive of my passion for GO and my decision for the 2 years korea studies.

And now less than 3 months to graduation.

Time is one scary monster :(

No comments:

Post a Comment