Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Went dinner with the prof assistant and the masters students because they wanted to have a belated birthday dinner with me. The topic that we talked about during dinner was quite interesting and it once again let me understand more about korean culture.

The most unexpected topic is plastic surgery. I am surprise that even koreans asked if korea ps is really that famous and popular because this seems to be a well known fact to everyone. And I was told that the reason to go through ps is to have a better chance in job interview or prevent getting bullied in school for being "ugly". Indeed, first impression is too important in Korea. This reminds me that is so difficult to spot fat people in Korea, especially in university.

Personally I think ps is ok because if going through ps can make a person happier or make someone gain confident and as long as you dont get addicted to "changing of face", what harm does it brings? As people get more exposed to dramas and good looking people, I believe that this "first impression trend" will start to develop in other asian countries too, even in singapore.

Like few weeks back when I met my sis friend (5 years younger than me), they were looking for insoles or boots which will make them look taller and they all use facial products. When I was at their age I would never imagine myself putting facial products and who on earth will try to wear insole at the age of 20 in singapore? Times change.

During the dinner, I also asked how koreans have such great complexion. And they say is "all money" because some koreans may spend a lot on facial shop and cosmetics. And when I look at the complexion of those people telling me this, is so good... 설마..

No comments:

Post a Comment